In this week's This Developer's Life that's what I take a look at, from 3 perspectives:
- Mike Moore (Ruby developer) talks about personal skills for solving problems, including the ability to ask a different question.
- Javier Lozano (Microsoft developer) talks about teams coming together as a 'band of brothers', solving problems that may, or may not, exist.
- Tamar Cohen (Java developer) shares her story of the unsolvable bug - something she *had to solve* as the exploration of other planets depends on it. She works at NASA, programming planetary rovers.
Scott Hanselman finishes things off with a story about what happens when trouble finds you'
I've been asked by the producers of This American Life to kindly change my logo as well as podcast title. In retrospect it seems rather obvious that I should have thought about this - but the short answer is that I didn't know if anyone would really care about this podcast. I also didn't expect the attention it's getting.
I changed the logo - a name change will come soon. Worry not - the RSS will stay intact, as will the iTunes link.
UPDATE - I've remastered the episode and removed some of the music.
If you like any of the songs - please support my efforts to stay within 'Fair Use' by buying them' I'd very much appreciate it.
- Mezmerize - Liz Phair
- Please Me Like You Want To - Ben Harper
- Human After All - Daft Punk
- Too Little Too Late - Metric
- NIN Remixes (under Creative Commons)
Purveyors of Fine Screencasts Featuring Code of All Flavors